Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Yes!!

Yebo yes!! - I got a call from the recruitment agency yesterday confirming that Posh Inc will be offering me the job I applied for. Yes! Fucking A!

I should have the written offer in the post tomorrow morning- to be signed and posted back, then I can hand in my notice.

People in the office are worried-- both yesterday and today I've been walking around with a smile.
I suspect that they might think I've finally got my hands on that AK47 I've been writing to Santa about for the last couple of months.

Today we had a couple of meetings about the usual type of stuff, but also regarding the planned office re-shuffle that'll happen in a week or so's time. I was asked where I'd like to sit and it gave me immense pleasure to reply with a icily nonchalant "doesn't bother me in the least".

I do feel a bit guilty about leaving, after all is said and done. I've been there for over 5 years, and have made some good friends, and have had some really good times. They gave me my first 'real' job after moving to this little island.

Having said that, when they decided to stick me on the redundnacy list earlier this year, after all those years of hard work, and despite my clean record, it sort of kicked the loyalty factor in its crotch. And when the sense of loyalty is gone, all that's left is the lure of money and benefits.

My current benefits? Access to a fridge full of soft drinks. The money? Hardly earth shattering, and the increase they gave me last week was too little, too late- the same as what I would have been paid anyway had they not decided to suspend our bonus scheme for the last 3 quarters.

Sorry but no - you didn't think twice about screwing this gecko 10 months ago, so why should I stick around and wait for you to do it again? Its time to look after no. 1 for a change.
Posted by Mark :: 23:46 :: 7 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------