Thursday, December 01, 2005

I alwaysh wanted to tell you I luff you, you know?




Tomorrow (Friday) night is the O C P.

Office Christmas Party.

This year it's on the HMS Belfast, which is pretty cool. I will no doubt revert to my inner war-geek state and spend a large percentage of the night exploring as much of the ship as I can without being arrested under the Terrorism Bill :)

Mind you, cannons + a free bar is not neccesarily a good idea.

This year I'm going armed with a camera phone that also features a low-light mode and video recording. If its anything like a couple of years ago I could be looking at a promotion if I'm in the right palce at the right time....

I know I get a bit silly when I've had a bit too much amber party beverage, but I like to think I keep enough common sense in reserve to know better than to give in to the somwewhat questionable notions/ ideas that pop into your head at times like these.
Thank goodness our old operations manager has moved off to pastures new... she had an unnerving habit of getting a bit... clingy... at the xmas do.
If you weren't careful you'd wind up spending half the night trying to shake her off your leg and the other half wondering if crabs could reach you through your trousers.

I have Barney from the Simpsons to thank for rescuing me last year. A full blooded ex-biker "Bulawayo" stopped her insiduous intentions in their coldsore generating tracks when she got too close.
Didn't really impress the other 30 or so people who had no choice but hear it but a mans' gotta do what a man's gotta do. Hey, self-preservation is the strongest instinct.

Anyway... it should be a blast- and with a bit of luck it'll be the last outing with my current crew.

I just hope I stay awake on the train home and don't wake up in Yorkshire or somewhere equally... exotic.
Posted by Mark :: 23:19 :: 1 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------