Thursday, November 10, 2005

n.a.a.f.i

Ah sweet Jesus I've had enough.

Let it be said that it's a good thing that firearms are hard to come by here... after the last 2 weeks I could quite happily have gone a bit Mickey & Mallory and paid a special visit to some of my 'clients'.

I've had to put up with enough shit this last fortnight to tide me over for a good few years.

It's like nothing I do is actually worth spit, you know? Nothing seems to go the way I want it to, and I get zero support from management... they're so fucking far up the broker's arses I swear they could tell you what their livers tasted like.

I sat there this afternoon wondering why I bother at all after the latest episode. Broker X submitted an application to us at the end of September.
The day after we received it I sent him a full breakdown of what we need to get the application approved. One major obstacle was the guy's proof of income, it was a right fucking mess. Scroll forward 3 weeks when he finally pulls finger and gets the amended documents to me.

Righto, I said, here's the amended list, only 3 easy things to send me now. Monday I got the survey back, all okay. I faxed him a copy, albeit a day after I got the report. Hey, I'm busy- I have to try keep about 60 of these toerags happy at any one time.
So what does the fucktard do? He sends in a complaint-- that I've been sitting on the case doing nothing because it took 48 hours for him to receive his copy. I send a polite (no, really) reply saying so sorry mister X, just an oversight but please could you send me the 3 bits I need and I'll sort the file out a.s.a.p.

This afternoon the grand fromage comes sweeping out of his office clutching a copy of the same fax from the broker, demanding to know what's going on. Off goes the supervisor and him into a closed meeting... shortly after which the case is removed from me because I've upset the bloke and done a crap job etc.

Do I get asked for my opinion? Fuck no. Is the fact that I've been waiting for 3 miserable goddamn documents from him for close on 7 weeks taken into account? Fuck no. Does anyone remember that 48 hours is our stated turnaround time for post received. Oh fuck no. So fucking what that I've been doing unpaid overtime, of my own volition to try keep everyone happy, you know, doing my bit to be a team player.
I get labelled Captain Useless and all my cases get to be 'quality checked' for the next few weeks in the name of Advanced Arselicking 101. The guy in question doesn't even bring in anything resembling a consistent or in any way remarkable level of business.

Ever have one of those moments of absolute clarity where you seem to notice your surroundings for the first time, sit back and just say "Fuck it." ?
That was me today.

Time to spruce up the C.V and go fishing.
Anyone want a hardworking mortgage admin guy? Let me know.

I don't really have fucking tourettes, I promise.
Posted by Mark :: 21:31 :: 1 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------