Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Whahey

Goodbye south bank?

Well, today went better than expected.

As expected, I did get a brain cramp as soon as the interview started, leaving me on the verge of gibbering. But I think I pulled through OK in the end.
It's not that I'm shy or a natural born idiot like some, I just suck at interviews. Nothing I want to say comes out right or vanishes from my head completely.

The company's offices are suave... located on near Liverpool Street, where property doesn't come cheap, they have an entire building of their own. No sub letting of any sort. The middle of each 5x5" panel of wallpaper bears the owner's family coat of arms. Proper carpets and wooden furniture. Had a nose around on the net and their net profit last year was a tidy £131.7 million.

I don't know about you, but I could get by on that.

At least I wasn't asked any of those stupid questions that interviewers sometimes dredge up, you know the kind -- "List your 64 greatest strengths, and provide examples how you used each of them constructively".. "A train leaves Waterloo travelling at 1 mph. Another train leaves Inverness travelling at 3 mph. What colour are the drivers socks and why do you think they're that colour?".

Anyhoo, I got a call this afternoon and I've been invited back for a second interview early next week. Result!
The only catch is I have to draw up & talk them through a 5 minute presentation about why I am The Man For The Job.

Dammit all to hell.
I hate talking about myself face to face.

I wonder if I should just email them a link to the blog instead?
Posted by Mark :: 23:07 :: 4 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------