Monday, November 05, 2007

Remember, remember..


This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

.........
As is the custom in our humble abode, we watched V for Vendetta tonight, it being the 5th and all that. Now, as some may now, this month is nanowrimo month, the time of the year when I give in to the voices within and and let the words out. Sometimes it's a torrent, sometimes a trickle. So far, so torrent. I've discovered I get the words out by hand much better than by keyboard; there's so much more you can say with ink and hand than you can by keyboard.

To help the wording along, I've been trying to read lots- the more words in, more words the brain thinks about, the better and more eloquent my scribbling becomes. I'm busy digesting the original Frankenstein, a collection of Hellboy short stories, a treatise on ancient warfare and, now and then, some Jon Shannow. Exciting stuff.

Anyway, the point is I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the dialogue, especially V's. It's an echo of the time before the cinema dragged English into the gutter, sodomised and left to limp its way into the 21st century, a shadow of its former glorious self, and has made me promise myself I won't betray my characters with lazy language.

And yes, the thought of blowing parliament up (whilst in session) and starting afresh certainly seems more appealing every time I watch both the movie and the news.

Posted by Mark :: 22:05 :: 1 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------