Monday, January 23, 2006

Day One



Well, thank the gods for that. the wait has finally ended. Today was my first day at The New Job.

It went well, I think. I had the usual first day jitters - Did I blag too much? Can I do the job? What am I actually going to be doing? But, all unfounded. It went swimmingly.... I am feeling quite upbeat and optimistic about the whole thing. :)

Plus, I got to wear a snazzy suit & tie. I tell you what, I clean up rather well. It's been ages since I got all dollied up, and I was very pleased with the results, even if I do say so myself. Which I just did. I got to swan around Bishopsgate like a proper ponce and sneer at the manual labourers and other non-suited types.

Nothing more than glorified vagrants, the lot of them.

It's certainly a very nice bit of real estate. If you wait for the right moment, in between clouds of diesel fumes and dust, you can actually smell the money.

Now all I have to do is get my hands on some......


Posted by Mark :: 20:27 :: 1 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------