Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Two thousand and eight



It can't be New Year without Dinner For One! Genius!

So. 2008 eh?

It holds a lot of potential for us, I think. I hope. There are a lot of things on my to-do list ofr 2008, things I've forgotten about, been too lazy to do or have just been putting off.

The top 3:-

Naturally, there's the perennial favourite of losing weight. No excuses this year- we've got the $$ spare now to be able to put decent lunches together, no more nasty wet gobbets from Pretty Mangey or Eat for me. Rabbit food it shall be, with a regular side order of gym... I'm planning on being between 90-95 by Christmas 08. Watch this space. If I'm not, I'll post a full frontal of myself.

Writing more- I've got an entire notebook of a draft for my story, and I'm aiming to get it out in readable format. My goal is pretty soft i.e attainable, that is to put at least 50,000 words down by the end of the year.

Work- to prostitute myself and work harder than a Malaysian boy in a Nike sweatshop, to try catch the dangled carrot of another fat bonus.

In between, I plan on enjoying life on the island a bit more. Taking more time to seek out decent pubs and try new ales. New whiskies. To cook more. To read books I wouldn't normally read. Listen to differnet music. (Except of course for that r&B/urban dross. Rappers should be recycled and used to feed the poor.)

Anyway. 2008, here I come, ready or not.


Posted by Mark :: 23:10 :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------